Friday, July 8, 2011

We made it!

Samantha and I made it to Phnom Penh! It is Saturday morning here, we are about 11 hrs ahead. Our flight was long, but AMAZING!
Korean Air is unbelieveable because:
-The flight attendants bow to you when you walk on the plane
-You have individual touch screen tvs that you can play video games, listen to music, and the choice of movies in endless. Samantha and I already have our watch list for the way back.
-Do I even have to say it? There was no shortage of food, which always makes me happy!

Since we arrived late last night we haven't met any of the other volunteers yet. We are hoping to see them at lunch today. We are exploring the city today and tomorrow...looks like I'll start my placement on Tuesday, as we both have an orientation to attend Monday morning. Lucky for us there is an internet cafe less than a block from where we are staying. As I sit here now there are motobikes buzzing around the hot streets. I am finding a whole new appreciation for air conditioning :-)

Not much to report yet! I'll try to post again soon. Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment