Friday, July 29, 2011

Cambodian Birthday!

Tuesday July 26th....I turned 28. In DC, that would be a normal and average age. Here, with the other volunteers, you would have thought I said 80! Most of the volunteers are young and were shocked by my "age". It was so funny to me. Most of them, even the French who don't speak much English said I had a "young face".

At work, one of my classes surprised me with a little cupcake! I was so surprised and blown away by how sweet they were. They were all so excited that it was my birthday and wanted to sing to me. They bought me one cupcake that came with one candle and a little spoon. See Picture Below. Oh, and I'm sorry that the cupcake is already gone! My camera was out of battery and I wasn't able to take a picture of it at the school. It had a huge sugary flower on top!


To celebrate my birthday 24 volunteers trekked to an "American Bar and Grill", no one had ever been there before, but I thought we should try it out. We all gathered in apartment 1...while there I was propositioned to try a silk worm....and I did! SO DISGUSTING. You are able to see how gross I thought it was by the pictures below.



 Because so many of us were going we had to get four tuk tuks to take us. We had a great time! I ordered all the cheese, meat, and potatoes possible. I had cheese fries as an appetizer and my main course was a cheeseburger with mashed potatoes on the side (Please keep in mind that the meal was definitely Cambodian American).

When I returned to my apartment my roommates surprised me with a death by chocolate cake! I was so surprised and happy :-) More pictures of birthday night to come..I accidentally unplugged my computer and don't have time to upload them to the computer again right now. Off to dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment